I was actually going to do a post about being 21, but I left it so late and now I’ve been 22 for nearly a month, oops? So I had to change it up a bit! I actually got inspiration for this post from Fatimah. Here’s 22 things that I’ve learnt (mini life lessons) in the whole 22 years of my life…
- That thing you’ve been panicking about what people might think if you do it/if people find out about it? They actually don’t care.
- If you set your mind to it, you absolutely can do it.
- You’ll only keep in touch with about three people from school, so it’s a waste of time worrying about what people think there.
- You might not take the conventional path, but you’ll always end up where you’re supposed to be.
- Birthdays don’t have to be boring when you get older.
- It is possible to make a hobby into a career.
- Tidy space = Tidy mind is true.
- You can never have too many notebooks.
- That extra biscuit is not going to make you fat.
- Learn how to say no!
- The only things you’ll ever regret are the things you passed up the chance to do.
- It’s 100% okay to be selfish sometimes, put yourself first.
- Just be yourself.
- Everything in moderation is the best diet.
- Find exercise you love and it will never be a chore.
- The only workout you’ll regret is the one you didn’t do.
- The best friends are the ones where you can go weeks or even months without seeing each other, but pick up exactly where you left off when you meet up again.
- You don’t owe anything to anyone.
- Running does get easier with time!
- Baking banana bread can solve a lot of problems.
- Adulting is never what you imagined when you were a kid.
- Never stop trying new things, and never stop learning.
I actually found that a lot harder than I thought! 22 is a lot of things when you actually come to write them all down. I’m sure I could come up with 100 things I’ve learnt of course, but I wanted a good mix in here. I’ve been kindly reminded that my next big birthday is 30… which is terrifying. 8 years ago I was 14 and that doesn’t seem that long ago to be honest, so I feel like I’m gonna blink and suddenly be 30… help?!
I’d love to know what you guys would write in your own post like this, comment ideas below or feel free to take this idea and do your own! Also let me know which ones of mine you relate to.