Journaling is something that I’ve done a lot more of in 2020 (and a word I still struggle to spell haha) but now that I’m at home for Christmas I don’t want to let the habit slip and would love to make it a regular thing throughout 2021 too. I’ve got my journal prompts this year from a variety of places: Instagram (I’ll link some useful accounts below), moon journaling, Pinterest, Yoga classes… and so decided to compile my own 30 day challenge – mainly to keep myself accountable but wanted to share in case anyone wants to join me!
Scroll to the bottom of the post to save the graphic of all 30 prompts.
This section contains affiliate links – read more here.
Lunar Living by Kirsty Gallagher (Aff)
Let me know if you’ll be joining me for this 30 day challenge – you can start whenever you want! Feel free to tag me on Instagram – @laurenhollie__ or Twitter – @laurenholliefit for extra accountability!
- Write a list of everything you have to be grateful for – big and small things – fill the page!
- Write down (at least) 10 positive affirmations. Come back and read them every day before journaling.
- How do you really feel right now? What do you need?
- List everything you’ve overcome, survived and accomplished in the last five years
- The biggest mistake I ever made was… and what I learned from it…
- Write a note / letter to your teenage self
- What makes you happy to be alive?
- What was the best thing that happened today?
- What motivates you?
- What are your biggest goals for the next 6-12 months?
- When do you feel most confident?
- What’s your favourite memory?
- What have you done lately for yourself? What do you need to make more time for?
- What do you need to start saying ‘yes’ to? What do you need to start saying ‘no’ to?
- Write a note / letter to yourself 5 years from now
- What do you wish someone would tell you right now?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What are your highlights/accomplishments/proud moments of the past year?
- Write about someone who inspires you
- How is my heart feeling right now and why?
- What am I ready to release?
- What would you like to call in for the next 6-8 weeks?
- Where are you right now? Where do you want to be?
- Set 3 intentions and 3 wishes for the next 2 weeks
- Take a social media break all day and write down how it makes you feel
- What brings you joy? What makes you anxious/stressed? What can you do over the next month to bring more joy + reduce stress?
- In which ways do you self doubt / play it safe? How can you change that?
- Write about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way
- Talk about 2020 as if it happened 10 years ago.
- What are you grateful for today?