I can’t believe I’ve nearly made it to the end of Blogmas! I wanted to challenge myself and that’s exactly what it’s been. The posts might not all have gone up on time but regardless I’ll get to the end and I’m determined to have all the posts up by the 24th. It’s been a learning curve for sure and I’ve surprised myself for sticking it out. Anyway. Today’s post is all about next year’s goals!
- Keep the blog going – This blog is still very fresh and new, so I hope to make some development on it during 2020. At the moment I’m writing it purely for myself as a little hobby and for fun, and I want to keep the essence of that but put a little more effort into finding an audience at the same time.
- Get back into fitness – Not that I’ve really gotten out of it, but since I haven’t had a gym membership for the last couple of months I’ve felt myself slip a little bit, so I really want to get back into a gym routine again, probably using the Shreddy app again. I really want to find the joy in working out again and improving my fitness and continually working on my body.
- Work harder at being an influencer – As I said in a previous post, I joined an influencer agency earlier this year and I want to put a bit more effort into that and see what can come of it.
- Improve my confidence in dance – This might sound a bit stupid to an outsider because I’ve been dancing all my life and I’ve chosen it as a career of course I’m confident in it, but I feel like I floated along for a while this term because I was so excited to be training where I was. That’s not to say I didn’t work hard because I absolutely did and can see a massive improvement in myself since September but I just want to work even harder and push harder and be the best I can be. And confidence is a massive part of that if I want to be auditioning for the real world jobs this time next year. I’d like to go to way more classes in London as well and even the open classes that happen in Leicester just so I can get as much training as possible.
- Read more – What a classic resolution ha. I’ve got at least 4 brand new books that are untouched in my flat and I completely forgot to take them on holiday with me. I used to read all the time and I miss it, so I want to try really hard to do more of it! That includes audio books too, but I definitely prefer the old fashioned hard copy in your hands.
- Budget more – I’ve never been particularly terrible or good with money, but I do have a bit of a tendency to spend for the sake of it so I’d like to make an effort to save more money, but we’ll see how that goes because the student life isn’t always kind to the bank balance ha.
- Go to more Stay Sassy events – I spoke about this in my last blog post too. I’ve been to two events this year and they happen roughly every 6 weeks so I want to try to go to as many as possible this year because I love how it makes me feel!
- Reach 5K followers on Instagram – On my fitness account. This might be a bit ambitious but I recently hit 3K and didn’t think that would be possible either. I don’t take Instagram too seriously, it’s just a bit of a hobby but it’s nice to have an account that reaches people and can inspire people at the same time so I might as well continue to try and do something with that!
- Start my portfolio – A dance portfolio that is, I’d like to do a photoshoot pretty soon to get something started. Along with this I want to film myself more so I have more video content.
I think that’s about it for now, but I’m sure there’s more things I could list!
I’d love to hear some of your goals for the new year?