I know I said I was done with the Quarantine content, but I guess I’m not just yet… I got the idea for this post from Hannah (who happens to be my flatmate), please go and read her post here.
Everyone’s asking, “What’s the first thing you’ll do after lockdown?” and honestly it’s a hard question to answer, there’s so many things I have no idea which one will be first! Here’s a few things that are definitely on my list though:
- See Family and Friends – I’m currently still in my student flat and have no idea when I’ll be going home, probably in June at some point because I can’t afford summer rent to stay here in July and August. That’s basically another two months to go before I can even see my immediate family! I’ve also promised my Nana I will drive up to stay with them for the weekend which will be nice.
- Have a BBQ – I stole this from Hannah’s list I won’t lie – but my mum did promise me a belated birthday BBQ when lockdown is over and it’s keeping me going! (Although I’m 99% veggie now I think that might drop for the day oops)
- Go to the Gym – I’m so not ready for how busy it’s going to be when the gyms finally reopen, but I can’t tell you how much I miss lifting weights. I can’t wait to get back into a group exercise class! I probably will carry on my home workouts though because I’m enjoying them a lot!
- Go for a picnic – Hopefully there’s still some nice weather left when this is over because there’s nothing I’d like to do more than spend an afternoon sunbathing and eating in the park with my friends.
- Dance! – I can’t wait to take class again, especially in London, although again I’m not prepared for how busy it’s going to be. But even just going to my local ballet studio and getting back to college I can’t wait for.
- Work on brand collaborations – It’s hard being an influencer right now when brands are struggling to stay open and don’t have the budget to hire influencers, but when this is all over I can’t wait to work with more brands and establish more relationships with brands I love. Although it is nice at the moment to focus on relationships I already have with brands, and to discover new brands in this time.
- Get my hair done! – My hair is at the pretty dodgy looking stage right now, I got a full head of highlights for the first time in January, and would have got it re-done for my birthday (11 April) but all this happened. I also did a box dye to tie me over a little, but it didn’t turn out to be the same colour as my highlights so basically I’ve got 3 different hair colours right now and it’s not pretty. I can’t wait to see my hairdresser!
That’s about it for now, I’m sure there are lots more things I will be doing though. Let me know what your priorities are going to be when we’re given back some freedom! Can you pick out the very first thing you’ll do?
Stay safe x
I can’t wait for summer barbeque season! We will probably have quite a few!
My family have already had a couple at home without me and I’ve been so jealous!
I’m so excited for post lockdown life. I’m graduating this year so I guess the thing I’m most excited about its hopefully actually getting a graduation instead of just getting my diploma in the post!!
ah I’m praying you get your graduation!
Oooh I am feeling you on the post-quarantine to do list!! I am all about going to an actual gym. Feels so much better this way. I feel you about being an influencer right now. Thanks for sharing!
Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me
I’m just not ready for how busy all the gyms are going to be!
Love these! I want to do all of these things as well haha and eat out again!!
I cannot WAIT to eat out again! so many choices of where to go??
Yesyesyessss definitely barbecue!! It’s been torture seeing the gorgeous weather but knowing I’m unable to have a barbecue!!
Totally relate! And knowing my family are having BBQs at home and I don’t even have a garden! Totally took those things for granted.
We defiantly want to have a small family bbq! And hair done is a must!!
Great idea for a list! I definitely want to go hiking as soon as I can, and I also want to get back to working with brands more as opportunities are slim right now. I’m also looking forward to just being at the beach!
I wish there was places near me to go hiking! Might have to go on a nature holiday when this is over! The beach also sounds heavenly.
A great list here Lauren. I keep yearning for the gym and I am NOT a gym lover! The urge to swim is more than I can bare some days.
Let’s hope we will soon be back to some kind of normal x
Haha quarantine does strange things to us all! I’d actually love to go for a swim just because I got a new Fitbit that has the swim tracking feature and I’m intrigued!
I can’t wait to go out when this is all over, and I am usually the friend that says no to going out haha!
That is me too haha!