It’s been a while since I posted a recipe on here but I made these oat bars for the first time a few weeks ago and was so impressed with how they turned out, I had to share them with you! If you’re not vegan you could of course change up some of the ingredients, and feel free to swap and change the seeds/fruit to whatever you fancy! It’s a really versatile recipe and can definitely be altered to suit your dietary needs and preferences!
For me these have been the perfect snack to bulk make on a Sunday afternoon and then take with me to dance training to have in between classes or before my gym session for an instant energy boost that keeps you feeling full that little bit longer until your next meal! They could also be eaten for breakfast maybe with some yogurt and fresh fruit!
They are super easy to make and don’t take long at all, they also don’t require much cleaning up which is always a bonus in my eyes!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
50g Ground Almonds
50g Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
70g Raspberries and Blueberries
1 tbsp Agave Nectar
1 tbsp Dairy Free Butter
1 Ripe Mashed Banana
- Preheat oven to 160⁰
- Line a square baking tin (you can either use baking paper or spread a thin layer of butter to the tin.
- Peel and mash the banana and weigh out the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients and mixing it all together until it starts to bind together.
- Pour all of the mixture into the tin, spread to the edges and flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
You could consider…
- Swapping the seeds
- Adding nuts (cashews, walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds, whatever your favourites are!)
- Adding nut butter
- Changing up the fruit
- Using dry fruit instead
The possibilities are endless!
Let me know if you try these, tag me in your creations on Instagram @laurenholliefitness – I’d love to see!