I’m trying to make recipes more of a regular feature over here since I’ve had a lot more time to experiment since I moved back into my flat and I’m loving it. Let me know if you have any recipe requests!
Please note this post contains affiliate links which means that by shopping through that link you’re supporting me, but it doesn’t affect you in any way. If you’d prefer not to use them, that’s totally fine! Read more here.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Setting Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
4 scoops Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder (I use FreeSoul and you can get 20% off your order by using my code FSLaurenhollie at the checkout – click here)
60g Dessicated Coconut
80g Ground Almonds
4tbsp Nut Butter (I usually go for Peanut or Almond)
14 Pitted Dates
1tbsp Lemon Juice
2tbsp Melted Coconut Oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the dates and mix together – ensure the dates are chopped as finely as possible.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Use your hnds to form a big ball of mixture and then transfer it to a container, flattening it out to the corners. I use a Tupperware (the kind leftover from a Chinese takeaway) for this step as it’s the perfect size. Score the top with a knife.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
Allergic to nuts? You can swap the nut butter for sunflower seed butter, blended chickpeas, chia or flax seeds, or tahini!
You could also try different flavour protein powders to mix it up or add flavour drops! Let me know if you give these a go and if you substitute any of the the ingredients to make something new!
You might also like: Vegan Oat Breakfast Bars